Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > fixing auto ID to support
fixing auto ID to support

2184 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-19 21:32:19

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch
    2015-04-24 06:46:55
     Many people have complained about auto id lately. Personally I did not like it from the beginning as I found it very slow and unreliable. The best way to fix it is get rid of it . Replace it with camera based bar code reader and vin decoder. In fact it was supposed to have this feature to begin with. In its current form it does not work well or at all and to be honest it is never going to. The technic used is just not a good idea. Even fords which would be easy to pull the vin from it does not usually pull the vin correctly from. So just dump it and lets move on to something that makes more sense. Or just dump the whole idea altogether and stop advertising it. As it stand it is one of the many features used to advertise the tool for better sales that simply does not work. 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-08-19 21:32:19 (Reply to:mitch)

Know this is an old post but with you about replace it since there is a good camera on board already. Always was sketchy for me also but usually if car make selected auto read and decode was more reliable 70 percent I'd say when that didn't work manually entering options did so I'm like OK take the 70 percent and then I'd know what to do if not working. Replied because in the last month it seems both not working with software/hardware (VCI) all current. Up to 25 data logs of issue but unable to send like every else even though updates can be accessed and browser online. It seems only internet failure is Autel's server for support. Ease of connection  and speed was a major pre-purchase consideration. Past month with four vehicle makes and counting failing this feature should be addressed. For now scanner is a paper-weight in drawer because speed gone from tool. Still under warranty so maybe just send it in as my time to iron out whatever their issue is they're not paying me so they can reload from scratch if they like. Currently use bar code scanner on Hunter aligner and it pretty much is flawless exception is it groups multiple years of same model if specifications the same but how hard could it be to look at the tenth place in the Vin for exact year.
  Total1 Pages